Ugh, it looks like I'm going to have to shift gears on the little quilt for Bea :( These little blocks are just taking way to long and I'm so crunched for time that I can spend at the sewing machine right now. I think what I am going to do is make a sampler, this way I can cut out a couple of blocks and take them to work to hand sew together. I already have a few ready to go for tonight at work and I'll show pic's in the morning when I get home. I have Grandmother's Flower Garden, a Fan block and a Lemoyne Star ready to go for tonight :) I should be able to get all three done tonight if my client stays asleep .
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Feel free to skip this post as I'm kinda trying to get my thoughts in order.
1. Assignment 8 -- Due Dec 3rd
2. Assignment 9 -- Due Dec 10th
3. Test -- Due Dec 3rd
4. Finials -- Due Dec 10th
1. Assignment 18 -- Due DEc 3rd
2. Web Pages Ass. -- Due Dec 10
3. Test -- Due Dec 5th
4. D.B. -- Due Dec 1st
5. D.B. -- Due Dec 5th
6. Finials -- Due Dec 12th(?)
The Web document
The web document you create will actually consist of three separate documents:
1. Your home page, which must contain your name, at least two paragraphs of your choosing (describing something about yourself, your goals, hobbies, etc.), your email address, etc., and the date of last modification of the page. Include at least one graphic on your home page. Save this file as index.
2. Your resume, which must include the standard items found in a resume: Career Objective, Education, Employment or Experience, and Activities. If you don't have a prepared resume, do an Internet search for sample resumes so you can see what a good resume looks like. You may also visit the Career Planning and Placement Center located in the Student Union. If you do not feel comfortable putting your "real" telephone number, address, etc. then use a fictitious one. It is important that you know how to prepare a resume. Save this file as resume.
3. Your "Fun Stuff" document, may be a document about you, your interests, your pet, or anything that you feel would be fun for someone to view. This page should be colorful and fun! Use your imagination but do NOT make it all pictures. Save this file as funstuff
Oh how I wish that my blog counted for this assignment!
You must include the following elements somewhere in one of your documents unless specified in a particular area:
· at least one bulleted list of items (minimum 3 items) in the resume document
· some text that is bolded (can be one or more words)
· some text that is underlined (can be one or more words but hyper links are not counted)
· some text that is in color (can be one or more words)
· a phrase that is blinking or an animated gif (a little picture that moves or dances)
· at least 2 horizontal lines
· at least two graphics, may be a photo that you have scanned in or some clipart that you have copied off the web. You may not use any graphic/clipart that is copyrighted. Before you use a graphic, check the bottom of the document to see if it is copyrighted. Some people don't mind you using a graphic as long as you credit them as the source. Strictly adhere to this policy--always credit your source when asked to do so.
· a background that is different from the gray default background
Tips on style
Write short, concise text
Do not capitalize entire words or sentences
Check spelling and grammar!!
Use special formatting (bold, blink, etc.) but don't overdo it
Think CONTRAST--Use dark printing on light background
Or light printing on dark background
Don't make your text too small! It's too hard to read.
You may include music, but don't overdo it.
Try to come up with a theme that ties your documents together.
You are to add hyperlinks to your three Web documents so that these documents are a coherent Web site ).
You must have, as a minimum, the following links in your Web documents:
A link from your home page to your resume
A link from your home page to Fun Stuff
At least one link from your home page to some external Web document
Links from the resume and Fun Stuff Back to your home page
At least one bookmark (target, anchor) in your home page that allows you to jump to another part of the home page. This link should be labeled "Return to Top of Page" and should be located at the bottom of your home page. If the user clicks on it, it will return you back to the top of your home page.
Include an email link to your active email account that can be used
Each link will be worth 3 points, for a total of 18 points for Links .
How to turn in your Home Page
1. All of your documents, graphics, etc. for the web page should be saved in a folder name Lastname WebPage on your hard drive or a disk (floppy or flash drive). You are to zip the files in the WebPage folder and email it to your Instructor as an attachment. (Zipping files was discussed in Chapter 15).
Posted by Amy a.k.a. dragonryder4 at 3:48 PM
Thursday, November 20, 2008
This wonderful little mini was made for me by Sewwonderful on the Swap Til' You Drop flickr group. I love it, black & orange are my 2 favorite colours ! I will be showing the 2 that I made for this month soon, just a bit of binding to sew down before I can mail them out.
Yeah I've got the house to myself for a little while today. The kids are at school and the Hubby just went to go help a buddy of his brick a house. This is such a rare treat that I don't know what to do with myself LOL - I have a test today so I think I'll get that done fist thing and then sew the rest of the day - well at least untill noon then I have to sleep for a bit before I go to work tonight.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
The first block of your little quiltie is finished though I'm having a hard time getting the colours to look right. I hope they look better on your computer then they do on mine ! This little block was a pain to put together, I had issues with the dragonfly's body being big enough to see LOL :) I saw more of my seam ripper this morning then I have in a month. Well I am off to go work on your quiltie some more, I have a million more blocks to make. If your wondering this little block measures 3 in.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Well the top is done and quilted :) I finished up the last little bit of quilting on it today, I even got around to making the binding. Tomorrow I will sew the binding to the quilt and start hand stitching it down. She is going to be so happy - she's been waiting on me to finish this off for quite awhile now and I figured I had better get my butt in gear before she outgrows the darn thing LOL :)
I wanted to show ya'll some of the amazing mini's from the october swap that our flicker swap group is producing :) I love the different little quilts that the amazing people create ! It should be interesting to see what is made for the November swap.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
I am working on stitching up some gifts for some very special blogging buddies and I need some more idea's. So far I have pincushions sewn up but what else should I add? Do you have some favorite gifts that you stitch up for quilting friends ? What would you like to recive ?
Posted by Amy a.k.a. dragonryder4 at 8:23 AM
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Friday, November 7, 2008
Well since I have nothing quiltie that I can share at the moment with ya'll because both of the mini's I'm working on are secret swap quilties I figured I'd share my 2 recent EBay wins. Both of these were won for .99 each. Very good deals, I think I'm on a bird kick here lately LOL :) I can't wait untill these arrive so I can get started on them !
Posted by Amy a.k.a. dragonryder4 at 8:00 PM
Thursday, November 6, 2008
I came across this photo while googling antique doll and mini quilts this morning. Oh I have the worst case of envy lol, I wish my mini wall looked like this :) As soon as I find the cord to the camera I'll post a photo of what my mini wall looks like. I finished the binding on my ALQS 2 quilt this morning so now all I have left is the label, I'll be posting a photo of that also.It came out so cute that as soon as I get the binding stitched down on my Chinese coins mini quilt I'll be making a twin of it for my wall :)
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Well hunting around blogland this morning I found a wonderful new blog that offers some wonderful free patterns. My computer has been smoking this morning printing off the patterns to add to my folder. The blog is a wonderful read so grab a cup of coffee and have a read
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Monday, November 3, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
I have been hunting this book for ages and I was able to get it at a steal today for 1.04 :) I fell in love with the quilt that I had seen worked up as a shop BOM several years ago and at the time I just didn't have the $$ to play along. The two hand dyes below were bought for .99 each. I have plans for the orange one to go into a fall pumpkin wallhanging that I am planning on.
I have come down with a very yucky head cold and I really don't have time to be sick right now as I am slammed with homework !! Why can't I ever come down sick on the weeks where there is hardly no homework ?? Well guess I better get cracking as I have to have it all finished up and turned in by Friday :(
Posted by Amy a.k.a. dragonryder4 at 5:47 PM
Monday, October 27, 2008
Just a quick note to let you all know of a mini quilt swap that is starting up over on Tracy's blog From my Scrapbag. It looks like it will be a ton of fun the link to the blog is in my side bar. Hurry on over if you would like to join as signups end here shortly.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Saturday, October 25, 2008
There is nothing that I enjoy more in the Fall then sitting in front of a nice warm fire on a chilly night ! I thought I would share a few photo's of the fire that we had last night. The kids had a blast roasting hotdogs and marshmellows.
While cruising Ebay this morning I ran across 3 wonderful Antique Quilts. Being broke I decided that since I can't own them I will reproduce them in miniature. This first one is from the 30's/40's, I love the combo of pink and brown. I think I will redo this one in Civil war era fabrics.
Friday, October 24, 2008
My partner for the November Swap has recived her mini so now I can show you a pic of it. This pattern is called Hard Times and can be found at the OhSewHitty blog in my side bar.It was really fast and easy to do :)
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Are ya'll ready to have some fun with me today ? Ok, step 1 - if your like me you have a bin of 2 inch strips ( if not you'll need to cut a bunch) Here I randomly pair 2 in strips from my Civil War collection and sewed them together.
Step 2 - press them open , pressing towards the darker of the two fabrics.
Step 3 - Sub cut you strip sets into 2 inch slices and pair them as these will be little four patches.
Step 4 - chain piece all your little 4 patch units :)
Step 5 - Press all your 4 patches open
Step 6 - Pick out 2 colours of fabric and cut 6 3 7/8 squares from Each fabric. Now sub cut these squares on the diagonal .
Step 7 - Pair 1 of Each fabric and sew together, press open and cut off the little bunny ears :)
Step 8 - Layout as seen above. Be careful of how you place the 1/2 squares otherwise it won't look right :)
Step 9 - Sew together in rows and you have a wonderful little mini quilt. Now you can add boders to this to make it a bit larger if you like but me I like it this way so tomorow I will be quilting it and adding the binding :) Hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and please if you make one comment on this post with a link to the picture as I'd love to see yours !!
While I was surfing the net this morning I ran across a few free Redwork Snowmen that I thought I would share with ya'll. Check back in tonight or early tommorow morning as I am planning to post a Mini Quilt tutorial that i think you might enjoy. It's pretty simple , you should be able to finish the top in about 4 hours or so and it would make a wonderful gift for Christmas ;) To find the above pattern go here :
You can find this pattern here :
This is just so cute, I love snowmen :) To get this pattern go here :