CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Isis's Quilt

Well the top is done and quilted :) I finished up the last little bit of quilting on it today, I even got around to making the binding. Tomorrow I will sew the binding to the quilt and start hand stitching it down. She is going to be so happy - she's been waiting on me to finish this off for quite awhile now and I figured I had better get my butt in gear before she outgrows the darn thing LOL :)

Here you can see a close up of it. It looks so much better in person. As soon as I get it finished off it will be put back to go under the tree for Christmas. Christmas is going to be very slim this year so I hope that I can get a quilt finished for each of the kids as their big gift. In a couple of days I'll be pulling out Cheyenne's Sampler quilt and finishing that off. The string quilt will go to Wade and the Orphan Block Quilt will go to Phoenix. I don't know what else I'll give the kids this year but I'll figure something out :)

Here you can see the binding, I didn't have enough of one fabric so I made it scrappy. I hope it looks alright on the quilt, I didn't have any of the fabrics that I used in the top available so I just used some that I thought would look good with it. Well I have a bunch of homework to do and it's all due by the morning so I guess I better go get it done and quit playing on the computer.


4 comments:

audreypawdrey said...

It is going to be so pretty! I love the fans.

Anonymous said...

Love your mini quilts....aren't they fun to make and exchange? Thanks for visiting my blog as well.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow...that is gorgeous Amy..

Anonymous said...

The quilt is gorgeous. What a lucky girl. I love the applique. It really makes the quilt.